Website Oxrose Academy Remote, Mississippi
Oxrose Academy invites applications for online instructor opportunities for courses in Math and Science. Several courses in math and several in science may be covered by a single candidate or multiple candidates. Courses may cover Saxon7/6, Saxon 8/7, Saxon Algebra I, or Saxon Algebra II or Saxon Advanced Math and, in science, courses may cover middle school life and earth sciences, as well as high school introductory physics, biology, or chemistry.
Appointments are for one academic year, from late August 2024 to May 2025, with opportunities for reappointment in coming years. Appointments are on a per course basis with an approximate teaching commitment of approximately 4-5 hours per week, per course (fixed class times but flexible grading, tutoring, and prep times. There is a 30-week academic year. Course writing time would be in addition to this time commitment and is compensated separately.
· teaching in formal class meetings and informal tutoring sessions in an online, video conference setting
· and grading student work in the above online classes.
· be Catholic, in good standing, obedient to the Magisterium of the Church, with a mature depth of knowledge of catholic teaching;
· possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the field (or one closely related to it) in which they will be teaching;
· possess the technical skills necessary to operate in an online setting;
· and demonstrate an aptitude for middle school and high school teaching in an online environment.
Candidates with the following are preferred:
· a degree from a Catholic institution with a strong, broad, liberal arts core;
· teaching experience at a classical, catholic school;
· a background in Thomistic philosophy, especially philosophy of nature and metaphysics;
· and graduate work in the field taught and/or theology and philosophy.
Pay is a per course stipend with bonuses available for high enrollment and performance. Rates available upon request. Appointment includes training in both use of the technology and classroom methodology, generally. Software and materials provided.
The school is a great fit for first-time teachers seeking to learn and old hands wishing for part-time teaching opportunities.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV to Kenneth Rolling at email@example.com immediately to be considered for the 2024-25 academic year. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
January 24, 2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org