Website Maris Stella Classical Academy St. Martinville, Louisiana
Job Title: Headmaster
Location: St. Martinville, Louisiana
About Maris Stella Classical Academy
Maris Stella Classical Academy is a distinguished independent school, obedient to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. Under the patronage of Maris Stella (Our Lady, Star of the Sea), the Academy is dedicated to providing an integrated, classical, liberal arts curriculum that forms students in faith, reason, and virtue. Our program of study is designed to teach students how to learn and seek truth, preparing them for success in any path of life. Rooted in our Acadian and Creole heritage, we aim to cultivate a well-ordered, joyful society and, ultimately, guide students towards eternal happiness with God.
Traditional Catholic Faith: Our faith is the foundation of all we do, integrated into every aspect of knowledge and life.
Classical Education: We embrace the classical liberal arts tradition, emphasizing the pursuit of knowledge and the cultivation of wisdom.
Cajun-Creole Tradition: We celebrate the rich heritage of Cajun-Creole culture, including its traditions of food, family life, crafts, and language.
The Headmaster at Maris Stella Classical Academy serves as the educational leader and visionary for our institution. As a faithful steward of our Catholic Faith and classical education principles, the Headmaster plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of our academy. We are seeking an individual with a deep commitment to Catholic teachings, a passion for classical education, and a vision for nurturing the intellectual and spiritual growth of our students, while embracing our Cajun-Creole cultural heritage.
1) Educational Leadership: Provide visionary leadership to uphold and advance the mission and values of Maris Stella Classical Academy, fostering a culture of faith, reason, and virtue.
2) Classical Curriculum: Oversee the development and implementation of a classical, liberal arts curriculum that emphasizes the acquisition of knowledge and the pursuit of truth, including Latin, French, music, agriculture, and crafts.
3) Faculty and Staff: Recruit, hire, and nurture a team of dedicated educators who share our commitment to classical education and Catholic Faith. Ensure harmony and unity within the faculty, recognizing that the faculty are the heart of the Academy.
4) Student Development: Promote the academic, spiritual, and personal growth of each student, instilling a culture of virtue and respect.
5) Community Engagement: Collaborate with parents, alumni, and the wider community to strengthen relationships and support the academy’s mission and programs.
6) Fundraising and Donor Relationship Management: Develop and implement fundraising strategies, cultivating relationships with donors and supporters to secure financial resources for the academy’s mission and vision.
7) Financial Stewardship: Work with the Board of Directors to ensure financial sustainability, responsible budget management, and resource allocation, with a long-term vision of financial independence.
8) Catholic Faith: Uphold and strengthen the Catholic Faith of the academy, integrating faith into every aspect of the Academy. Serve as the spiritual head of the campus, leading teachers and students in the integration of the Catholic Faith.
9) Long-Term Vision: Work towards the academy’s long-term vision, including the development of buildings, personnel, student body, and faculty.
- Practicing Catholic with a deep commitment to Catholic teachings and values.
- Master’s degree in a field related to the Catholic tradition, culture, or education including Philosophy, Theology, History, Education, or the like.
- Previous experience in educational leadership, preferably in a classical or Catholic school.
- Strong understanding of classical education principles and pedagogy.
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Financial management skills and experience with budgeting.
- Visionary thinking and the ability to lead in a dynamic and changing educational landscape.
The Headmaster at Maris Stella Classical Academy will report directly to the Board of Trustees, with the President of the Board of Trustees supervising in the name of the Board. The Headmaster will work closely with the Board to ensure alignment with the academy’s mission, values, and long-term vision.
Note: Maris Stella Classical Academy is a new academy opening to students in Fall 2024.
Interested candidates should submit the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter detailing their interest in the position and alignment with Maris Stella Classical Academy’s mission.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A list of references with contact information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org