La Salle Academy New York, New York
Social Studies Teacher – Job Description
La Salle Academy, a private all-male Catholic college preparatory high school, seeks a Social Studies teacher. Located in the East Village neighborhood of New York City, La Salle Academy is a small school with a 175-year history that enrolls a culturally diverse student population. It is a member of the international network of Lasallian Schools.
Education: The preferred candidate should have a Master’s degree and state certification in the subject area and/or secondary education or must obtain it within four years from the date of hire.
Experience: Three to five years’ experience teaching in a high school environment preferred. However, those with less experience will be considered.
Subject areas: Teaching duties include Global History I (9th grade) and American History (11th grade).
– Plans, organizes, and develops a comprehensive teaching and instruction program for students.
– Utilizes a variety of instructional material and aids appropriate to the intellectual and instructional level of students from varied socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
– Provides a motivating and stimulating learning environment incorporating appropriate use of technology as a pedagogical tool.
– Provides group and individual instruction to motivate pupils and effectively utilize the time available for instructional activities.
– Reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and reports student’s academic, social and emotional growth.
– Provides a motivating and stimulating learning environment.
– Prepares juniors for the US History Regents Exam.
Start Date: Approximately mid-February 2024.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and credentials.
Contact: Please email email@example.com with resumes/cover letters.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org