Website Holy Family Classical School Tulsa, Oklahoma
Holy Family Classical School
Holy Family Classical School is a Catholic Classical PK -12 school that was founded by
St. Katherine Drexel 120 years ago.
Holy Family Classical School is seeking an enthusiastic, qualified, and dedicated Head
of School with a pioneering spirit, a strong command of classical pedagogy, and an
unwavering commitment to the Catholic Faith and Catholic Culture and virtuous
The Head of School of Holy Family Classical School is a ministerial position within the
Cathedral Community of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma.
● Facilitate the shaping and fulfillment of the school’s classical education mission.
● Direct the continuing development of school curriculum and ensure its effective
● Oversee professional development and complete performance evaluations for
● Manage the Institutional Assessment Plan and ensure the continued
accreditation of the school.
● Supervise operational and instructional staff.
● Develop extra-curricular programs that meet students’ needs.
● Act as the primary ambassador for the school to the parish, diocesan, and
surrounding communities at large.
● Foster productive relationships with parents of students that recognizes the
essential role they play in the school community.
● Make regular reports on the state of the school to the school Advisory Council as
well as the Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Tulsa.
● Ensure compliance with all state and diocesan regulations.
● Provide general management of the school and its finances.
● Oversee maintenance of the school campus.
● Assist in fundraising efforts.
● A devout and joyful Catholic faith that animates the applicant’s spiritual,
professional and personal lives.
● A classical philosophy of education that is ordered towards the good of the
individual student and community at large.
● A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a teacher in a classical school who
embraces the “poetic mode” of teaching and has 3-5 years of experience in an
administrative role in a classical school.
● A passionate commitment to classical education that embraces the good, the
true, and the beautiful, and a love of these things for their own sake because we
are seeking joy in truth which leads to authentic happiness.
● A knowledge of classical curriculum and pedagogy that also provides leisure for
faculty and students to develop a sense of wonder and joy while engaging in their
● Experience leading/mentoring educators as the head of a community of life-long
learners and offering opportunities to faculty for relevant professional
● A willingness to acknowledge and collaborate with parents, as the primary
educators, to grow as adult learners.
● A Head of School who can communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff
and parents and work collaboratively with the Rector of Holy Family Cathedral
and Superintendent of Catholic Schools.
● A Master’s degree in one or more of the liberal arts.
● A minimum of five years of teaching experience at the K-12 level.
● Experience with Montessori education and a philosophy of education that
synthesizes the Montessori approach with classical education.
● A doctorate in one of the liberal arts.
Salary and benefits are competitive for the qualified candidate.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter articulating qualifications along with a
resume and three professional references to David Dean, Superintendent of Catholic
Schools for the Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma at
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Catholic Schools Office at
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com