Website Holy Family Classical School Tulsa, Oklahoma
Holy Family Classical School is looking for an immediate full time First Grade classroom instructor. This ministerial, teaching position will report to the Head of the School.
• A practicing Catholic in good standing who is joyfully striving to live according to Christ’s words.
• Fidelity to the Magisterium in thought, word, and deed;
• Familiarity with classical educational methods and/or openness to learning about and implementing the same;
• Bachelor’s degree with teaching certification or willingness to obtain certification;
Dedication to Catholic and classical culture:
• Support the full mission of Holy Family Classical School by word and witness;
• Help cultivate a culture of virtue and holiness in the classroom and the community;
• As a minister of the Catholic Church, give witness to the full mission of the school in all aspects of professional and personal life;
• Take an active role in contributing to a Christocentric, classical community.
• Capability of instruction across all grade levels while collaborating with colleagues;
• Ability to adapt teaching methods to a wide variety of students and circumstances;
• Effective planning skills and collaboration with administration and parents;
• Competency in teaching, pedagogical methods, and student management;
• Flexibility and adaptability in and out of the classroom;
• Understand, appreciate, and implement positive discipline in the context of virtue-ethics;
• Maintain positive self-image and positive regard for students in word and deed;
• Create a disciplined, organized, safe, open, and joyous learning environment.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with the administration and staff;
interact with students in a joyful, respectful, friendly, and just manner;
create and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with parents;
• Keep parents informed regarding student progress;
• Establish and maintain regular communication with parents and guardians
Professional Responsibilities and Growth:
• Maintain professionalism in appearance, grooming, words, manners, and actions;
• Handle confidential situations, discipline, and/or sensitive information discreetly;
• Seek professional growth opportunities in consultation with the school’s administration;
• Interpret school programs and policies to the local community in a positive manner;
• Maintain punctual and full attendance for all required professional days and events;
• Maintain diocesan VIRTUS/CYP certification (ongoing annually);
• Fulfill responsibilities as assigned in the spirit of the school’s Catholic, classical mission.
Please email cover letter, CV, and a list of three references (two professional, one personal, clearly indicated) to: firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout the Employer
Holy Family Classical School forms Christian disciples through a classical, Catholic education centered on Christ who is the source of all Truth, Goodness, Beauty, and Unity.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma proclaims in word and deed the saving message of Jesus Christ and His Church that all may know, love, and serve Him.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com