Website Ave Maria Academy Maple Grove, Minnesota
Ave Maria Academy is looking for a part-time lower school music long-term substitute teacher. This long term substitute position will end at Christmas Break. The Lower School Music Teacher first and foremost supports the mission of Ave Maria Academy to form young minds, hearts and souls to love Jesus Christ and develop a character that allows for true Christian discipleship. The teacher fulfills the mission of the school by planning, guiding and evaluating the learning process within the framework of the school’s philosophy and curriculum for preschool-4th grade music students.
The music curriculum at Ave Maria Academy is primarily focused on vocal instruction & performance. The ideal candidate will, therefore, possess a strong background in voice.
Ave Maria Academy is a Catholic school educating students in pre-kindergarten through 8th grade in Maple Grove, MN.
Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, Ave Maria Academy forms young minds, hearts, and souls through a commitment to clear thinking, academic achievement, character formation, prayer, and service. In an encouraging and safe environment transformed by faith, reason, and virtue, each child’s unique and God-given talents are nurtured through mastery of a rigorous curriculum and active participation in the Catholic faith.
- Prior experience working with elementary school students in a musical setting preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in music education, music, vocal performance, or a related field is preferred.
- Possess a familiarity with the sacred music tradition of the Catholic Church.
- Be a practicing Catholic.
- Possess an understanding of, commitment to, and passion for the mission of Catholic education as defined by the Church.
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching and the ability to convey this to students.
- Meet and comply with all OPCY requirements.
Candidates may submit a resume, cover letter, and at least 2 references to Mrs. Lisa Noetzel, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com. The cover letter can include general philosophy of education, why the candidate would like to work with children of this age and why they would like to work in a Catholic school.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org