Website Ave Maria Academy Maple Grove, Minnesota
Ave Maria Academy is looking for a full-time Third Grade Teacher for the 2024-2025 school year. The Third Grade Teacher first and foremost supports the mission of Ave Maria Academy to form young minds, hearts and souls to love Jesus Christ and develop a character that allows for true Christian discipleship. The teacher fulfills the mission of the school by planning, guiding and evaluating the learning process within the framework of the school’s philosophy and curriculum for the third-grade students. The position provides the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to maximize student competencies and skills for intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual growth toward a successful future. The Third Grade Teacher carries out their work professionally and with a spirit of initiative, creating an environment of confidence and respect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Plans, implements and supervises the first grade education program in accordance with the goals, policies, procedures, philosophy and curriculum of the school.
- Establishes and maintains an orderly classroom environment conducive to learning. Manages student behavior in accordance with rules and disciplinary system of the school.
- Establishes positive rapport with parents and communicates student progress with them regularly.
- Works with the Principal to plan and implement age appropriate activities, programs, community service, and stewardship opportunities for students.
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ave Maria Academy is a Catholic school educating students in pre-kindergarten through 8th grade in Maple Grove, MN.
Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, Ave Maria Academy forms young minds, hearts, and souls through a commitment to clear thinking, academic achievement, character formation, prayer, and service. In an encouraging and safe environment transformed by faith, reason, and virtue, each child’s unique and God-given talents are nurtured through mastery of a rigorous curriculum and active participation in the Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or academic discipline.
- Be an active, practicing Catholic committed to joyfully witnessing the faith to students
- Valid elementary teaching license from Minnesota Department of Education preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience preferred
- Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic education
- Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ and be a Christian role model in speech, actions and attitudes which contribute to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
- Proficient in the use of computer technology including Microsoft Office, e-mail and internet.
- A commitment to the safe and caring environment for children
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality in all school matters
- Meet and comply with all OPCY requirements
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and at least 2 references to Mrs. Lisa Noetzel, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should include general philosophy of education, why the candidate would like to work with children of this age and why they would like to work in a Catholic school. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com