Website St. Charles Borromeo Academy Kansas City, Missouri
St. Charles Borromeo Academy seeks an inspiring part time music teacher who is responsible for teaching music education to students in grades PreK-8th Grade and assists the staff of the school in the improvement and appreciation of music instruction. The ideal candidate helps students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences which include singing, moving to music, playing of instruments and listening and performs other duties directly related to this job description.
– Teaches general music to ECC-8th grade including harmony, appreciation, history, and ensemble.
– Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students.
– Provides opportunities for music ensembles including rock band, choir & musicals.
– Plans, rehearses, and directs students in musical programs for school and community
– Differentiate music curriculum to meet the needs of the individual student and the student body.
– Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
– Develops and refines music curriculum.
– Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and music performances.
– Evaluates each student’s musical growth and contribution to the performance of the group that allows everyone to contribute.
– Communicates clearly with parents and school faculty/staff on the progress of individual students.
– Maintains care/responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments, and equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
– Cooperates with administration and staff in providing musical programs for school Mass, open house, parent meetings and seasonal programs.
-Familiarity with the Catholic understanding of ministry is an asset.
-Practicing Catholic in good standing is preferred but not required.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, commit to our Code of Conduct policy, and complete online and in-person trainings prior to hire.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org