Website Divine Mercy Academy Pasadena, Maryland
Divine Mercy Academy
Divine Mercy Academy is a K-8 school, currently located in Pasadena, MD that utilizes the Catholic Liberal Education model to create Saints and Scholars. Our purpose is to know, love, and serve God and to form others so they might joyfully do the same.
Divine Mercy Academy is seeking a Resource Teacher for the 2024-2025 academic year. The ideal candidate will possess a deep love for Jesus Christ and His Church, a desire to participate in the renaissance of Catholic education, and a commitment to raising up the next generation of saints and scholars.
The Resource Teacher plays a crucial role in supporting students with diverse learning needs. This dynamic position involves collaborating with classroom teachers to adapt curriculum and instructional strategies, working to implement student assistance plans (SAPs), and providing direct instruction in small groups or one-on-one settings. The Resource Teacher monitors student progress and adjusts strategies as needed, ensuring a nurturing environment that promotes student confidence and independence. A strong commitment to Catholic faith and classical education principles, along with relevant educational qualifications and experience in special education, are essential for this role.
- Support students with diverse learning needs within a Catholic liberal arts educational framework
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to modify and adapt curriculum and instructional strategies to meet individual student needs.
- Work closely with the Student Support Coordinator to implement Student Assistance Plans (SAPs) or other classroom learning needs for students requiring additional support.
- Provide direct instruction and intervention in small group or one-on-one settings.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress, adjusting strategies as necessary to facilitate academic and personal growth.
- Foster a supportive, nurturing environment that respects student differences and promotes self-confidence and independence.
- Engage with parents and guardians to communicate student progress and collaborate on strategies to support learning at home.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to stay informed about best practices in special education and resource teaching.
- Understand and uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church at all times.
Lead students to an understanding and an appreciation of all that is good, beautiful, and true.
- Relate to students by loving them with the love of Christ, encouraging them to begin and/or develop their own relationship with God through sacraments and scripture, and challenging them to love others.
- Be a role model of Christian love, faith, truthfulness and virtue.
- Engage in ongoing professional development to enhance teaching skills, classroom management, content area, knowledge of classical education, and Catholic teaching.
The Ideal Candidate will possess
- A missionary spirit and love for Jesus Christ and His Church with a desire to raise up a generation of saints and scholars.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Special Education, or relevant field
- Teaching experience, ideally in a Catholic or classical education setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Creative, flexible, and passionate about teaching and learning.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and two professional references to Jacqueline Dolch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.divinemercy.md/employment for more employment opportunities at Divine Mercy Academy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com