Website Divine Mercy Academy Pasadena, Maryland
Divine Mercy Academy
Divine Mercy Academy is a K-8 school, currently located in Pasadena, MD that utilizes the Catholic Liberal Education model to create Saints and Scholars. Our purpose is to know, love, and serve God and to form others so they might joyfully do the same.
Divine Mercy Academy is seeking an Upper School Humanities teacher for the 2024-2025 academic year. The ideal candidate will possess a deep love for Jesus Christ and His Church, a desire to participate in the renaissance of Catholic education, and a commitment to raising up the next generation of saints and scholars.
The upper school Humanities teacher acts as the primary tutor for the upper school students. As our Classical Model employs an integrated approach to teaching, history, literature, theology, ethics, writing, poetry, and leadership are all taught in a single cohesive manner. The humanities tutor serves as the homeroom tutor for students as well as the primary point of contact with parents. The humanities tutor is in regular contact and communication with his or her grade-level colleagues as well.
- Understand and uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church at all times.
- Lead students to an understanding and an appreciation of all that is good, beautiful, and true.
- Relate to students by loving them with the love of Christ, encouraging them to begin and/or develop their own relationship with God through sacraments and scripture, and challenging them to love others.
- Be a role model of Christian love, faith, truthfulness and virtue.
- Develop and implement engaging, challenging curriculum and lesson plans in line with the school’s classical education model.
- Evaluate student progress, providing constructive feedback, adapting lessons when needed, and communicating any concerns to parents and fellow teachers.
- Collaborate with colleagues and parents to support student development and the school’s Catholic identity.
- Engage in ongoing professional development to enhance teaching skills, classroom management, content area, knowledge of classical education, and Catholic teaching.
The Ideal Candidate will possess
- A missionary spirit and love for Jesus Christ and His Church with a desire to raise up a generation of saints and scholars.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field
- Teaching experience, ideally in a Catholic or classical education setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, flexible, and passionate about teaching and learning.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and two professional references to Jacqueline Dolch at email@example.com.
Visit www.divinemercy.md/employment or click here for more employment opportunities at Divine Mercy Academy
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org