Website Divine Mercy Academy Pasadena, Maryland
Divine Mercy Academy
Divine Mercy Academy is a K-8 school, currently located in Pasadena, MD that utilizes the Catholic Liberal Education model to create Saints and Scholars. Our purpose is to know, love, and serve God and to form others so they might joyfully do the same.
Divine Mercy Academy is seeking an Art teacher for the 2024-2025 academic year. The ideal candidate will possess a deep love for Jesus Christ and His Church, a desire to participate in the renaissance of Catholic education, and a commitment to raising up the next generation of saints and scholars.
The study of art and the practice of rendering should be used to train children how to attend closely to detail, to study shape, and proportion, in short, how to see both art itself and the objects depicted by it. The study of art is also training in the art of attention, discipline, perseverance, patience, and adoration.
“The fine arts are rightly classed among the noblest activities of man’s genius… Of their nature the arts are directed toward expressing in some way the infinite beauty of God in works made by human hands. Their dedication to the increase of God’s praise and of His glory is more complete, the more exclusively they are devoted to turning men’s minds devoutly toward God (On Sacred Liturgy, 122).
- Understand and uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church at all times.
- Lead students to an understanding and an appreciation of all that is good, beautiful, and true.
- Relate to students by loving them with the love of Christ, encouraging them to begin and/or develop their own relationship with God through sacraments and scripture, and challenging them to love others.
- Be a role model of Christian love, faith, truthfulness and virtue.
- Develop and implement engaging, challenging curriculum and lesson plans in line with the school’s classical education model.
- Evaluate student progress, providing constructive feedback, adapting lessons when needed, and communicating any concerns to parents and fellow teachers.
- Collaborate with colleagues and parents to support student development and the school’s Catholic identity.
- Engage in ongoing professional development to enhance teaching skills, classroom management, content area, knowledge of classical education, and Catholic teaching.
- Part time and full time work is available
The Ideal Candidate will possess
- A missionary spirit and love for Jesus Christ and His Church with a desire to raise up a generation of saints and scholars.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Fine Arts, or relevant field
- Teaching experience, ideally in a Catholic or classical education setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, flexible, and passionate about teaching and learning.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and two professional references to Jacqueline Dolch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.divinemercy.md/employment for more employment opportunities at Divine Mercy Academy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com