Website Archdiocese of Oklahoma City Edmond, OK, Oklahoma
Principal Employment Ad and Qualification for St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School
Located within the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School in Edmond, OK is a ministry of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. Established in 1990, this school of over 400 students has experienced vibrant growth with campus improvements, robust student-centered academic programs, and passionate and supportive faculty and staff. The next principal will have the opportunity to bring their expertise and energy to deliver its Christ-centered Catholic education to the families of Edmond, OK and surrounding areas. Additional information regarding this amazing school community can be found at https://stjohn-catholic.org/school
The candidate chosen will be a person of strong Catholic faith with a mindset of missionary discipleship, extending Christ’s message to students, parents, volunteers, and the greater community through the mission of the school. They will be experienced in leading faculty in implementing curriculum and professional development as well as have strength in the areas related to business, finance, enrollment management, and advancement initiatives. They will be called to maintain and strengthen relationships with parents, alumni, the parish and local community, so that the school community can flourish.
Interested candidates can begin exploring this exciting educational leadership opportunity immediately by forwarding a cover letter and resume to email@example.com All inquiries, nominations, and applications will be treated with confidentiality and respect.
In collaboration with the pastor, the principal is the faith, instructional, and personnel leader of the school.
This position is required to convey the Church’s message and to assist in carrying out the Church’s mission. The Principal is required to uphold the standards of the Catholic Church in his/her day-to day work and personal life. All employees are expected to be persons of integrity and must conduct themselves in an honest and open way, free from deception or corruption and in a manner consistent with the discipline and teachings of the Catholic Church. Employees are expected to
follow rules of conduct that will protect the interests and safety of all, including the standards and policies set forth in the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct, Archdiocesan Policies and Guidelines, Principal Contract, Parent/Student Handbook, and Employee Handbook.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Master of Educational Leadership degree or Master’s degree in related educational field
· Practicing Catholic in good standing and has an understanding that the role of principal is a ministry.
· Oklahoma principal certification, or ability to obtain
· Genuine love for Catholic education and a child’s ability to succeed
· Proficient knowledge of the instructional and accreditation process
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· 21st Century technology skills
· Experience managing faculty and staff
• Experience as a principal or teacher in a Catholic school setting.
• Familiarity with the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Schools and the Catholic Curriculum Standards
• Experience with the budgeting process and maintaining a balanced budget
• Experience analyzing student achievement, enrollment, and demographic data for decision making
Mission and Catholic Identity
· Demonstrates an understanding that the role of principal is a ministry.
· Implements the school’s philosophy, mission, vision and goals
· Gives witness to the religious dimension through attitude and example.
· Supports the formal religious education program.
· Actively participates as a member of a faith community.
· Models and instills the virtues into the life of the school.
· Integrates Catholic attitudes and values into all subjects and aspects of school life.
· Makes decisions which reflect a sense of mercy, justice, and compassion.
· Models an attitude of service.
· Plans and participates in liturgical prayer, faith sharing, retreats, and other forms of prayer with faculty, students, and parents.
· Formulates and periodically revises the local school philosophy and mission statement in collaboration with the school community and to meet everchanging needs.
Governance and Leadership
· Respectful collaboration with the parish pastor and parish leadership team,
· Respectful collaboration with the Archdiocesan Office of Catholic Schools
· Establishes networks of collaboration within the school to advance excellence
· Implements Archdiocesan and local school advisory council policies.
· Works in conjunction with the school’s safe environment coordinator according to Archdiocesan policies
· Demonstrates positive attitude, team cooperation, and positive work performance for the purpose of maintaining the instructional process and well-being of the school.
· Cultivates a school environment in which a faith community may develop at all levels of stakeholders.
· Develops and participates in on-going programs to ensure the religious and professional development of faculty.
· Maintains security and confidentiality regarding school matters
· Engages parents in the formation process of their child with various opportunities
· Attends professional, archdiocesan, area, and local meetings which enable the principal to be an effective leader.
· Prepares for and participates in the Oklahoma Catholic School Accreditation Process and implements resulting recommendations.
· Keeps teachers, staff, and school community informed through appropriate communication.
· Maintains a continuous plan of supervision and evaluation of the instructional program.
· Ensures the integration of religious, spiritual, moral, and ethical dimensions across the curriculum
· Implements curriculum in light of needs of students
· Consistently adheres to the school’s code of conduct, code of ethics, and admissions as stated in school and archdiocesan policy for students and faculty
· Provides on-going supervision and evaluation of teacher and support staff performance.
· Facilitates professional learning communities within and outside of the school to develop faculty excellence
· Ensures faculty meets state and local requirements for capacity to provide effective instruction
· Ensure programs and instruction meet the affective dimensions of learning.
· Ensure programs and instruction meets the needs of diverse learners within the capacity of the school’s mission
· In cooperation with faculty, identifies students with learning differences and recommends appropriate strategies
· Ability to evaluate and disseminate school data including formative and summative test scores, religious assessment, demographic data, and advancement data
· Ensure the faculty and staff utilize data when planning instruction or developing new programs or events
· Cooperation with state and local school districts in so far as implementation or participation of approved federal programs, grants, or special funding for private schools and as approved by archdiocesan guidelines
· Recruits, screens, and hires qualified teachers and employees according to archdiocesan and parish guidelines.
· Maintains appropriate human resource policies and record keeping for observations and evaluations of faculty and staff
· Prepares school budget and monitors income and expenses on monthly basis.
· Maintains records and meets reporting deadlines for finance, enrollment, marketing, and student achievement as required by pastor or Department of Catholic Education
· Maintains an orderly and safe work environment free of hazards for students and faculty/staff
· Ensures the safety and maintenance of school facilities and grounds
· In cooperation with governing body or leadership team, create and/or maintain financial, facility, enrollment, marketing, technology, and development plans for the school operations
· Acts in a professional manner in demeanor and work habits
· Dresses professionally and appropriately for all school occasions
· Speaks professionally and respectfully to all stakeholders
· Communicates well both in writing and speaking
· Responds to all incoming communication or verbal requests in a timely manner according to business and professional standards
· Meets predetermined deadlines for reports, event planning, etc. as determined by pastor and Office of Catholic Education.
Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and DEMANDS
Not limited to the following:
· Physical ability to perform the above listed essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Sitting or standing for long periods of time
· Walking/ climbing stairs.
· Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds
This job operates in a school environment and duties may be performed outside in inclement weather conditions.
Travel is required as needed to attend workshops and in-service trainings sponsored by the Archdiocese and others approved by the superintendent or pastor.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time. I have read this job description and understand the duties included in it.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org